Sunny San Diego!


Last week I had the pleasure and privilege of spending a week in beautiful San Diego, California with my hubby. For several years our lead pastor, Mark DeyMaz, has been dreaming of a conference that would encourage other diverse churches around the country and train others with the goal of becoming diverse. Well that dream is now a reality as we participated in the first Multi-ethnic Church Conference. And what a blessing it was to see men and women of different races, cultures and backgrounds worshiping and walking together

During the conference, we were blessed by speakers Erwin McManus, David Anderson, Dave Gibbons and many others. We even heard from Michael Emerson, the spiritual trailblazer that penned the book Divided by Faith. My husband Anthony and our dear former Pastor Chris Williamson (Strong Tower Bible Church in Franklin, TN) facilitated workshops. And my pastor's wife, Linda DeyMaz, represented the ladies in the house by teaching the pastors' wives. We had a wonderful time.

After the conference Ant and I got a chance to play. We ventured out on the San Diego trolley and hit some really cool spots. Here are just a few:

A really cool place with fun shops and the best Mexican food I've ever had!

 
Live music at Old Town. The Day of the Dead skull was larger than the singers!

Ant chilling on some artwork at Balboa Park. Hmmm... Looks like I've got five kids!

At the botanical garden we enjoyed flowers of every kind from all over the world. Pretty prophetic considering the ministry we've been called to.

The most popular photo op in Balboa Park, so we had to get one here!


Me lost in a sea of fragrant roses. Song of Solomon 2:1: "I am the rose of Sharon, And the lily of the valleys."

 Isn't God's creation amazing? In a "desert garden" we were overwhelmed by the variety and creativity of cacti we saw.

 Back in Arkansas with Linda and Mark DeyMaz. What a blessed time we had connecting hearts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ambassador: His Rise, Fall and Rise Again

I'm not angry. I'm mad!

The Shooting of Michael Brown: What I Know for Sure