Wholeness: Imagine Us

Do you ever have one of those days when your heart just longs for Christ's return? Do you ever wonder how long God will wait until He raptures His children out of this world? I know He has a plan. I certainly know His plan is much better than mine. And yet today I find myself longing to see Him face-to-face. I long for Him to take away the pains of this world and replace it with His awesome glory.

I know He's waiting until more come to know Him. I know He wishes that no man should perish. And I'm aware that there are still many people groups around the world that have yet to hear His name. The number that will complete His Church has yet to be reached.

I know that, and still today, I just wish...

My heart is heavy over a story I heard yesterday. A young girl, just thirteen years old, was raped by her own uncle. The family is torn. The girl is forever scarred, her innocence taken away. I don't know this family, only the person that relayed this story to me, and yet my heart aches for them. My heart aches for that little girl.

And there are so many stories like this. Some will never be told. They will remain in the minds and hearts of the parties involved. Those stories will remain secrets that will be taken to graves. My heart aches for all these stories and the people in them.

In Tuesday's blog, I shared about who we are in Christ. We are children of the King of Kings. We are royalty -- princes and princesses. I hope you were blessed by reading the truths about those of us that know Christ. They certainly encouraged me.

But have you ever stopped to imagine yourself truly walking in those truths? What if we, God's chosen children, truly believed that we are "seated with Christ in heavenly places"? Do you think we'd walk in confidence, instead of insecurity? What if we truly believed we were "overcomers"? Do you think we'd live life expecting God's blessing and joy, instead of fretting over every single trial -- big or small-- that comes our way? And what if we believed we were "new creations in Christ"? Would we fall for the same temptations and sins that so easily beset us? And what about the fact that we're accepted by God and loved by God? Would we work so hard to make everyone else love us?

I'd like to propose today that we would all be different people indeed, if we just truly believed these truths about ourselves. I'd be different. You'd be different. The Body of Christ would be different. The world would be different.

Sometimes it helps to just visualize a different life for ourselves. It helps to visualize a different you and me. Now hang in there with me as we do a little exercise. Think about your life yesterday. Think about the things you chose to do and the things you chose not to do. Imagine your interactions with others throughout the day. Try to recall your conversations (in person, via phone, email, facebook, etc.) Now imagine the same day without hangups, insecurities, fears and ungodly thought patterns. How would your day have been different? Close your eyes and think about it for a moment.

I'll go out on a limb and share my thoughts. My day would have looked different in at least two points. I would have asked my hairstylist if there was anything I could pray about for her. Thankfully after some time she began to share her heart with me anyway. Praise God for that. And a phone conversation I had with a colleague would have gone a lot differently. I would have shared my thoughts on the project we're working on together. I wouldn't have worried about him thinking I was overstepping my bounds or trying to be the boss. I would have risked the possible rejection of my ideas. I would spoken boldly, without fear or reservation.

My day would have been different. I would have been different. How about you?

Today, I want to close with a video by Kirk Franklin, Imagine Me. In 2007 I was blessed to see Kirk sing this song live right before the new year of 2008. What deliverance I felt to say bye-bye to my mistakes, insecurities and fears of the entire year. And we can do that today. Hallelujah!



Made Whole In Him,

Carla

Comments

  1. Hi Carla-
    I have received your posts by e-mail and didn't have a chance to reply through this way (different screen and options in the internet-- a reminder that I am not tech-savvy at all), but today I got in to type this commentary. What a terrible thing that you shared here about the rape. We chose not to get the newspaper and got rid of cable because of the "bad" news that bum me out (and Rodrigo enjoys reading, so it's not good for him either), but we still have Sundays for his beloved comics. So this morning I stayed home because I am sick and I caught a glimpse of the "bad-news paper". Front pare (Log Cabin Democrat): the rape of a 7 yr old (by a doctor), and then inside, the release of 3 men who raped & killed 3 8 yr old cubscouts 18 years ago. Man! All of these cases are such demonic tragedies! I do believe that those people lose any humanity because they have empty "spaces" instead of spirits that can be overtaken by Satan. No feelings of compassion for the ones they are hurting. I know evil happens every minute of every day around the world. I just pray for those suffering or in danger... and like you, for their devastated families. (And I will refrain from any more peeks at the paper... bad news all the time).
    Hope you are having a better day. See you next week. (And P.S. Yes, better to just see "the other side" soon and skip on all the bad stuff going on and about to come by, but there's a lot of us who still haven't really tried to do anything purposeful for the Lord and lots of people that still need time to come to their senses about coming to Christ, so... we remain around along with everything here...). This is good stuff to pray about always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zarina. I agree about all the bad news. But it's the reality we live in and it's only getting worse. The thing is -- will we be difference-makers in a dark and evil world? I know you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am??? I'll lighten up this with a Pee Wee Herman response: "I know you are, but what am I?". I mean... I really don't like bad news. I get too caught up with worry and they bring me down. I'd rather pray... but I am aware of all that yuk stuff. You, on the other hand, have a heart for that, and I thank God for people like you who are like advocates and angels for those who need help. (Still searching for my purpose though... a way to make a difference in something, something that pleases God and helps others, I have those 2 things in mind from the Network class this Saturday, which, by the way, was an awesome class/ seminar).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read this post but watched the video. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing. I got to your blog from listening to the podcast about the help. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading Dan! I see you're a fellow blogger. I'll be checking out your blog as well. Thanks for stopping through. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not angry. I'm mad!

The Ambassador: His Rise, Fall and Rise Again

The Shooting of Michael Brown: What I Know for Sure