Why Sojourner of Truth? The Final Chapter

And now the last reason why I've named this blog Sojourner of Truth.

"What is truth?" is the question Pilate asked Jesus before he released him to the Jews for crucifixion. "What is truth?" is a question that scholars and religious people have debated since the world began. As far back as the Garden of Eden, the serpent questioned Eve seductively, "Did God really say, 'you must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" What was he tempting Eve to question? The issue was far deeper than whether or not the fruit was good to eat. He was tempting Eve to question the truth. And what was the truth? Every word that God the Father had spoken -- nothing more, nothing less.

So that's the Truth that I plan to share throughout this blog. As I share my thoughts on this screen, I would be remiss if I didn't share my God's thoughts too. After all, anything He has to say is far more important that the deepest knowledge I could ever communicate. An avid reader, I read all kinds of literature, not just Christian literature. It's amazing how much truth I've gleaned from secular writings. But I've come to realize that all truth is God's truth, whether or not the writer recognizes it as such. So on that note, this blog is dedicated to the truth of God's Word. May His truth sink deep into your spirit as you read the Word of God...

John 8:31b-32: "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

John 14:6: "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

John 16:12-13a: (Jesus speaking) "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth."

I Corinthians 13:6: "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."

I Timothy 2:3-4: "This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

May we, sons and daughters of the Living God, know His truth. And may the TRUTH set us FREE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ambassador: His Rise, Fall and Rise Again

I'm not angry. I'm mad!

The Shooting of Michael Brown: What I Know for Sure